As we all know, camping can be messy, smelly and fun all rolled into one! When camping, there are always ways to do things better and this article over at Buzzfeed.com shares 41 tips and tricks that will guarantee you’ll be a totally happy camper or hiker while in the wilderness. Actually most of these tips are just as useful day-to-day at home. This list should be 40 camping hacks, as I know for a fact that the Mountain Dew one doesn’t work… Still there’s still something for everyone here! Number 9 is one of my favorites.
41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
1. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor.
2. Point a head lamp into a jug of water for an instant lantern.
5. Familiarize yourself with what the poisonous plants look like.
6. Bring a tick deterrent.
7. Glue sandpaper to the top of your match holder.
Be sure to buy strike-anywhere matches.
8. Repurpose a coffee can to hold and protect TP.
9. Make crescent rolls over the campfire.
For maximum yumminess, fill ‘em with stuff like marshmallows and Nutella. Or wrap hot dogs with them.
Get the directions here.
10. Use Tic-Tac boxes to store spices.
11. Invest in a two-person sleeping bag.